Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Bottom Line


Have you ever discovered a core truth  that had  profound meaning to you, and yet, you were unable to fully integrate this truth?  It remained an intellectual knowing, not a fully integrated experience, the kind that opens a vast deep new reality, one that has the ability to take you home.   And then one day... It all comes together and lands in you complete, and what you are is forever altered.  That happened two days ago—in the shower (where I do my very best thinking).

I haven’t always related well to Christ; the idea of God worked a little better for me, but not much.  My parents came from an extreme fundamentalist Christian environment, the kind where original sin was alive and well.  By the time I was 20, four cousins had committed suicide; potential failure with God dogged them and trying to prove their worth to God simply became too difficult.  My parents decided to escape this background by immigrating to the U.S. when I was four years old.  They drove west from Ontario, Canada only stopping when they hit the Pacific Ocean in California.  

It took years for them to come to terms with what they were rejecting and to find a more balanced approach to their spiritual life.  As I was growing up they changed religions like they were buying a new car, take it for a spin around the block and reject it or keep it awhile.  They began with the Nazarene religion and moved left from there.  By the time I left home we were Unitarian.  I’d been exposed to so many variations of what Christ and God were that I just chucked the whole thing as a muddle of nonsense.   Somehow the Holy Spirit didn’t figure into the conversation.

Over the past 40 years, I have learned what some of the world’s great teachers have had to say and I have immense respect and admiration for them.  Interestingly, without any noticeable particular intention on my part, in the past two years God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, have moved to the forefront of what I relate to spiritually.   

So three nights ago, I asked to be shown what I next need to know.  I have asked this before with no discernible outcome, however, in the morning while I was in the shower I experienced the reason for our existence.  Not just as an intellectual thought, it landed in me completely.  It wasn’t a new thought, I even wrote about it in my last post (the part about entering greater reality), yet this experience was riveting and profoundly real.  It is astoundingly simple, and people have been saying it for centuries, but until one experiences it there is a separation and it cannot land.

We are to be God in form, as God, merged completely with God. We as God.  I Am That I Am.  I Am This I AM.  There is nothing we have to pay attention to that is more important.  There is nothing else as important.   This is all there is.   Anything else is a distraction and illusion that we have created.  All the buts, what ifs, etc., are all ego.  There is nothing else required of us except to be this.  This is the whole point of our existence, to be God in form.  Our awareness merged with greater reality giving it everything we are.

It is all so simple.  All it takes is letting go of everything that is not this merging.  Nothing else is necessary.  All that is asked is, all of you given to this, a simple shift of internal loyalty from you living life for your benefit to living life for what is profoundly real, God.  All you have to do is walk into this, leaving nothing of you behind you. Everything of you goes.  Without even once considering any alternative simply step into profound greater reality, God.  Whatever you have been in life, it all goes. 

It is all there quietly waiting for us.  We can see it when we can match what we are being to what it is. Being what it is will bring us to our knees in love, awe and gratitude. This is what we are and are meant, designed, to be.

Everything is so profoundly okay. Regardless of what occurs, there has never been anything to worry about and there never will be. We will lose nothing and we will gain everything we have ever wanted. We may or may not have gold, but we will be gold. None of this is for us to have and use for a nice better life. It is for us to be God in form, greater reality in form. It is us being God in form for God’s sake not for our sake. None of this is for us to have and hold. It cannot be for the ego. The ego withers in the face of this. This is home.

How to match what this is in you is the subject of the next few posts.

"What you are looking for is what is looking." -St. Francis of Assisi

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."  -Meister Eckhart

Love and peace…


No comments:

Post a Comment